Thursday, September 4, 2008

Best of Summing it Up

"I am angry. I am infuriated. And I don't think I would be if Sarah Palin were a qualified or competent choice as McCain's running mate. But the fact, the reality is that she is not. And instead of demanding better from their party, instead of going, wait a minute, no, we deserve better than this, many Republicans are contorting themselves into a denial of reality."

Dooce.com speaks truth to power.


Also, as a former community organizer, I have to say Palin is an idiot for calling out organizers in her speech. 1) They have a lot of "actual" responsibility, 2) They are "regular people" who are not politicians working for their communities, 3) Why, when you are trying to insult one person, would you insult a whole group of people who work on both sides of the aisle, and 4) THEY WORK ON HER OWN CAMPAIGN.

How do you spell incompetent? P-A-L-I-N

And, I say this as a woman, a proud Vagina American, I'm not voting for someone just because we share the same special parts. Especially when she opposes the rights that come with those special parts.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Just found your blog and I love this post. I've been infuriated with this whole saga that is the RNC since McCain's announcement on Friday. There is another Jon Stewart video you might like that you may or may not have seen...but I can't post the link here. If you contact me I'd be happy to send it along!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post had me so fired up to comment about the absurd Palin choice, but now I'm all giggly and girly over Jon Stewart. Hubba hubba.

    ReplyDelete